The Shah Jahan Mosque, also known as the Jamia Masjid of Thatta is a 17th-century building that serves as the central mosque for the city of Thatta, in the Pakistani province of Sindh. Persian inscriptions at the mosque indicated that it was built between 1644 and 1647
The mosque is considered to have the most elaborate display of tile work in South Asia and is also notable for its geometric brickwork – a decorative element that is unusual for Mughal-period mosques. It was built during the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, who bestowed it to the city as a token of gratitude, and is heavily influenced by Central Asian architecture – a reflection of Shah Jahan’s campaigns near Samarkand shortly before the mosque was designed. Restoration works were carried out by Emperor Aurangzeb in 1692, as well as by Murad Ali Khan Talpur in 1812.
The mosque was first built during the time of Umar II ibn ‘Abdulaziz, who was the Umayyad governor of Medina from 706-712 (87-93 AH) and has been renovated several times since, the last major renovation being during the reign of King Fahd (r. 1982–2005), who increased the area of the mosque by many times its original size and added several modern facilities.
The current mosque building was built during the reign of King Fahd. It is in the shape of a square with an area of approximately 6,000 square meters (65,000 ft2) inside a 36,000 m2 (388,000 ft2) square-shaped enclosure. It consists of two sets of galleries separated by a wide yard of approximately 1000 square meters (11,000 ft2). The galleries are shaped as arches ending with long domes. At the center of the mosque is a spring of water housed inside a dome. The portion of the enclosure that does not include the mosque, measuring around 20,000 m2 (216,000 ft2), includes multiple restrooms and areas for changing into ihram and performing wudu. Most of the inner area is pathways, galleries, and trees. All 13 domes are located on the roof of the mosque, while the 5 minarets are located around the enclosure. One of the mosque’s minarets stands distinct from the others, square at the bottom but round at the top in a diagonal shape, rising to a height of 64 meters (210 ft). The mosque is built in an Islamic architectural style, with Mamluk and Byzantine influences.
The Blue Mosque in Istanbul, also known by its official name, the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Turkish: Sultan Ahmet Camii), is an Ottoman-era historical imperial mosque in Istanbul, Turkey. A functioning mosque, it also attracts large numbers of tourist visitors. It was constructed between 1609 and 1616 during the rule of Ahmed I. Its Külliye contains Ahmed’s tomb, a madrasah, and a hospice. Hand-painted blue tiles adorn the mosque’s interior walls, and at night the mosque is bathed in blue as lights frame the mosque’s five main domes, six minarets, and eight secondary domes. It sits next to the Hagia Sophia, the principal mosque of Istanbul until the Blue Mosque’s construction, and another popular tourist site. The Blue Mosque was included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site list in 1985 under the name of “Historic Areas of Istanbul”.
The Blue Mosque has five main domes, six minarets, and eight secondary domes. The design is the culmination of two centuries of Ottoman mosque development. It incorporates many Byzantine elements of the neighboring Hagia Sophia with traditional Islamic architecture and is considered to be the last great mosque of the classical period. The architect, Sedefkâr Mehmed Ağa, synthesized the ideas of his master Sinan, aiming for overwhelming size, majesty, and splendor. The upper area is decorated with approximately 20,000 hand-painted glazed ceramics in 60 different tulip patterns. The lower stories are illuminated by 200 stained glass windows. The mosque is preceded by a forecourt with a large fountain and a special area for ablution. An iron chain hangs in the court entrance on the western side. Only the Sultan was allowed to ride into the mosque on horseback, and he would need to lower his head not to hit the chain, a symbolic gesture ensuring the humility of the ruler before Allah.
The Mercedes-AMG GT (C190 / R190) is a grand tourer produced in coupé and roadster body styles by German automobile manufacturer Mercedes-AMG. The car was introduced on 9 September 2014 and was officially unveiled to the public in October 2014 at the Paris Motor Show. After the SLS AMG, it is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG. The Mercedes-AMG GT went on sale in two variants (GT and GT S) in March 2015, while a GT3 racing variant was introduced in 2015. A high-performance variant called the GT R was introduced in 2016. A GT4 racing variant, targeted at semi-professional drivers and based on the GT R variant, was introduced in 2017. A new variant called the AMG GT Black Series has recently been released. All variants are assembled at the Mercedes-Benz plant in Sindelfingen, Germany.
Bayon Temple, known as the throne, is located in the center of Angkor Thom, Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia. It is a Mahayana Buddhist monastery and one of the most important buildings in Angkor. It was built in the eleventh century by Suryavarman I (1010~1050) and was rebuilt by Jayavarman Vll(1181~1220) in the late 12th and early 13th centuries. In order to commemorate the victory of the conquered tribe. In 1992, the Angkor site was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temple is square in shape and consists of two floors and a main tower on the platform. The main temple door is east, and there is a square holy pool in front of the temple. There are a total of fifty-four towers on the two-story square and the cloister, and the central main tower is about 45 meters above the ground. Each stone tower is engraved on each side with a smiling Guanyin Bodhisattva head, with a total of 216 faces. Bodhisattva wears a crown, earrings and rings, and the face is ever-changing with light. The overall architectural project is magnificent, innovative and original.